The Nambucca Community and Arts Centre

The Nambucca Community and Arts Centre (NCAC) is located in Ridge Street, Nambucca Heads, next door to the Post Office.


The centre is a council owned building managed by a voluntary Committee of Management.


The Main Hall, Small Hall, and Stringer Gallery are now incorporated into the newly renovated Cultural Precinct which includes the Nambucca Library and encloses a pleasant landscaped courtyard.


Note: The AGM for the NCAC will be held in the Main Hall at 3pm Friday 23 February 2024. The committee are looking to recruit volunteer who has technical knowledge of lighting and sound systems. Please click here for more details.


There is ample off street parking on Ridge Street and a roof top car park above the Seascape Shopping Centre complex across the road from the centre.


The original wooden building dating from 1896 was destroyed by fire in 1937. The re-building took three years and the Centre was re-opened on 11 March 1940. Bicentennial funding in 1988 saw the addition of a foyer, art Gallery and kitchen.


The building was known as the Nambucca Entertainment Centre until 2015 when it was renamed as the Nambucca Community and Arts Centre to better reflect usage of the building. In more recent times the Main Hall has been completely renovated, a new public address system is now in place and solar panels have been installed on the roof of the building. A great deal of the funding for these improvements have been obtained by grant applications over the past few years.


During 2022 and 2023 the Small Hall was completely renovated during inclusion in the Cultural Precinct.

Main Hall Features

The Main Hall is suitable for concerts, plays, meetings, expos etc. and comprises the following: